2017 Mystery Quilt Contest
2017 Contest Details
Once you’ve finished the 2016 Project Linus Mystery Quilt Challenge THERE’S MORE!!!! Introducing the 2017 Gracie’s Get Well Garden Contest!
Janome 2016 NQM Sewing Machine ($999.00 Value)
Thanks to the generosity of The Times Square Sewing Complex in Jacksonville Illinois, our first prize is this absolutely amazing Janome 2016 NQM Sewing Machine! The National Quilt Museum 25th Anniversary machine features 60 stitches and an extension table. This machine also features easy convenience buttons including: Thread Cutter, Start/Stop, Locking Stitch, Reverse, Needle Up/Down and Speed Control Slider. The backlit LED screen with Easy navigation buttons makes finding stitches a breeze. Best of all, this full-size machine weighs only 12 pounds, so it’s easy to take to classes and guild meetings.
100 Fat Quarters ($300.00 Value) The actual prize will be a variety of fat quarters, not identical to those pictured.
Yes, you read it correctly - ONE HUNDRED FAT QUARTERS of beautiful fabrics!!!
This is a $300 value and if you are our second prize winner you will have to decide whether to use them or just admire them!
Gracie’s Pre-Cut Fabric Assortment
2017 Contest Rules
This is your chance to creatively combine the clues from the 2016 Project Linus Mystery Quilt Challenge and let your imagination run wild! Be sure to read through ALL of the rules before you get started. There is no fee to enter the contest other than the contestant MUST BE A REGISTERED 2016 Project Linus Mystery Quilt Challenge Participant.
- THE BIG REVEAL: October 22, 2016 is the date the final Mystery Challenge Clue will be posted! The Mystery Quilt Contest opens December 15, 2016!
- Participants are invited to enter your finished Gracie’s Get Well Garden in our Project Linus Mystery Quilt Challenge contest. You are welcome to assemble the quilt exactly “as is” in the “Big Reveal” OR if you would like to create a new quilt design you are welcome to do that as well. It’s up to you! You may only enter one quilt in the challenge contest.
- Remember: If you’re creating your own design, you must use at least one of each of the blocks revealed in the six weekly clues, in the design of your challenge quilt. The blocks can be any size.
- Once your quilt is finished, you may enter your quilt in the contest any time between December 15, 2016 and January 15, 2017 by sending a high resolution, good quality photo of the entire quilt to Project Linus with the entry form submission. Click “Enter Contest” in the menu above for our online entry form.
- Remember, the deadline to enter the contest is January 15, 2017. Entries will not be accepted after January 15, 2017.
- The photos of Gracie’s Get Well Garden Quilts received by Project Linus National Headquarters between December 15, 2016 and January 15, 2017 will be featured on our website between February 1 and February 17, 2017. At that time, we will be inviting our Project Linus friends to “vote” for their favorite quilt.
- Winners will be chosen by our Project Linus friends and volunteers based on the number of votes each quilt receives between February 1 and February 17, 2017 (11:59p CT) with the winners announced on National Make a Blanket Day, February 18, 2017 (8:00a CT). “Votes” are $1.00 each with a minimum 10 votes for $10.
- Votes are considered a tax deductible donation to Project Linus.
- On February 18, 2017 “votes” for each of the featured quilts will be tallied and the top three (3) designers of the quilts with the most “votes” will be selected as the winners of the prizes.
- You are invited to encourage friends to make a donation to Project Linus by voting for your quilt which will increase your chances of winning!
We hope you’ll enter your quilt in the Project Linus 2017 Mystery Quilt Contest! Thank you!
Click on the button below for a printer-friendly version of the contest rules.