Make plans now to join us in “Uptown” Normal, Illinois for “Hooray for Hollywood 2016” conference. You’ll love this quaint downtown area with an eclectic mix of dining, shopping and entertainment all within just a quick walk. At the Normal Marriott Hotel and Conference Center you will find Central Illinois’ finest lodging facility!
- DetailsWhen: June 15-18, 2016
Where: Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
201 Broadway St
Normal, Illinois 61761
Room Rate: $138 single or double occupancy
be sure to mention group code Project Linus
- WEDNESDAY: Opening Session/Breakfast - Half Day Classes - EXPOOur morning will begin with a Breakfast/Opening Session after
which EXPO will be open and half day classes will begin.
- THURSDAY: EXPO and classesDemonstration booths include knitting, crocheting, fleece, volunteer
gifts, quilting, and more. Also, exciting national and local vendor booths, Project Linus Store, and many new classes to choose from.
- FRIDAY: MEETINGS, LECTURES, SERVICE PROJECTS, AND SYMPOSIUMGuest speakers, PL National Headquarters news, chapter management and support information, plus some service projects.
- FRIDAY EVENING: BANQUET AND ENTERTAINMENT
- SATURDAY: JAMBOREE!A casual, fun and relaxing day to work on projects, try something new, or finish a project from a previous class. Sit and crochet, knit, sew, share, laugh and learn.
- SATURDAY EVENING: CLOSING BANQUET AND ENTERTAINMENTTruly an event to remember, we will first feature a “Hollywood Glitz and Glamour Attire” banquet. Then our evening entertainment features Michael Carluccio. Michael, who stars in his “All American 1 Man Legends Show,” moves back and forth through the late 1950’s, the 60’s and 70’s with his ‘thousand voices’ from Frank Sinatra to the persona of the Rock and Roll era: Neil Diamond, Dean Martin, Bobby Darin, Tony Bennett, George Jones, Tom Jones, Roy Orbison, Jerry Lee Lewis, Marty Robins, Willie Nelson, and, of course, the King – Elvis Presley!
- SUNDAY MORNING: SPECIAL SUPPLY SALEWe will be selling many of the supplies and machines you’ve used at conference at a special discount.